The last few days of the seminar seem to be a blur. Frankfurt am Main is very much a city like New York City, somewhat overwhelming. Even though Berlin is big, it seemed much smaller with a slower pace of life. Frankfurt seems to be much more rushed. I'm not sure how to describe Erfurt.
Now my task is to reflect on my seminar experience. My students will benefit because I have a much greater access to German politics. I know I don't want to teach a class on just German politics and government because I don't think it would attract a lot of students. Maybe I need to participate in similar seminars on British and French politics.
I also volunteered to write a column for the Canyon News. I think my writing will wait until I've more fully recovered from the flight home. Interestingly, the more challenging part of the trip is the Dallas to Amarillo leg. After all it is June in the Texas Panhandle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment